Recently, I purchased part of an old pub, which dates from the late 18th Century. The property is in a dilapidated state and in need of many repairs, which include a complete new heating system, electrics, and addressing damp issues and cracks in the building.
Before the renovation project begins
The property is a semi-detached building of traditional construction, which has evolved over the years; there have been alterations to the internal layout and some general repairs. Below are some photos of the property before any works begin.
List of repairs
Over the coming months, I will be writing about the different jobs we have carried out on the property in order to bring it up to a modern standard. They will include
- improving thermal efficiency
- addressing the damp problems
- general maintenance
- internal alterations to make the property suite modern living
If you have any questions about this renovation project or are carrying out a similar project yourself and have comments to share, we would love to hear from you.
- Read about our project at Albany Villas: Victorian Property Restoration in Brighton
- Take a look at our internal refurbishment of a Regency building in Brighton
- Find out about our Refurbishment, Restoration Advice & Planning service
Comments are closed.