What is the RICS HomeBuyer (Survey & Valuation) Service?
The HomeBuyer Report includes a survey and if you wish can include a valuation. It is intended for houses, flats or bungalows, of conventional construction and in reasonable condition. The HomeBuyer comes in a brief reporting style with condition ratings given to the main elements of the building.
The HomeBuyer Report (Survey) will include;
- a list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the property;
- advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance;
- issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions;
- legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your purchase; and
- information on location, local environment and the recorded energy efficiency (where available).
Ask your surveyor for a detailed ‘Description of the RICS HomeBuyer (Survey) Service’ leaflet.
The RICS HomeBuyer Report (Survey & Valuation)
Will include as the RICS HomeBuyer Report (Survey) above but also;
- the surveyor’s professional opinion on the ‘market value’ of the property;
- an insurance reinstatement figure for the property;
- a list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the value of the property;
Ask us for a detailed ‘Description of the RICS HomeBuyer (Survey & Valuation) Service’ leaflet
Do you need a more detailed survey?
- For a more in-depth investigation of your property, take a look at our Building Surveys