What does a Contract Administrator do?
A Contract Administrator manages the contract between the employer and building contractor. This is a role that was historically performed by the architect; and in fact most of the popular forms of contract for decades have referred to the ‘architect / contract administrator’.
We routinely work as Contract Administrators. We
- produce detail design drawings
- write specifications
- tender to building contractors
- check the tenders for errors or omissions
- help clients select their building contractor
Our role during construction includes
- undertaking periodic site inspections
- managing the works for our clients
- certifying interim payments
- agreeing the contractor’s final account
When should you get a Contract Administrator?
We have found that clients find this a less stressful way of organising building works.
- Take a look at our JCT Minor Works guide
- Need drawings? We can produce detail design drawings for your project
- Get a specification for your works