(Formerly a Building Survey/Structural Survey)
Choose the Level 3 Home Survey (formerly called a building survey or a structural survey) if you’re dealing with a large, older or run-down property, a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works.
It is qualitatively superior to the Level 2 Home Survey and provides more detailed information and advice.
If defects are found, you will then receive more in-depth advice as to repair options.
What is an RICS Level 3 Home Survey?
An RICS Level 3 Home Survey is the most detailed level of survey and is suitable for all residential properties.
It costs more than the other RICS reports because it gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.
It also includes:
- a more thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues;
- a description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws;
- an outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity; and
- advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.
The Level 3 Home Survey does not include a Valuation, but we can provide this as a separate service.
We can also provide an estimate of costs for identified repairs if agreed with you in advance. Speak to one of our surveyors if you are unsure about which type of survey is most appropriate.
A Level 2 Home Survey may be suitable if you are considering a reasonably modern property of conventional construction that appears to be in reasonable condition.
- Take a look at our Level 2 Home Survey
- Find out about Valuations